A growing home inspection company desired to build out its customer care team before the start of their busy season.
Customer care was currently being handled by a key member of the organization’s leadership team who was too busy with other responsibilities to create the necessary documentation to hire or train new employees. Additionally, previous new-hire training had been conducted in person.
Without written instruction, it was all but impossible to onboard new staff remotely during a pandemic like Covid-19.
The company used several different technology platforms to schedule several different inspection services as well as manage their own customer interactions. Through screen share meetings with the Customer Care Manager walking me through her workflow, click-by-click, I documented each step in the process of scheduling services and serving customers.
Throughout the project, it became increasingly evident that what the Customer Care Manager saw as one role/workstream was actually four separate workstreams.
- Created end-to-end series of of SOPs for the Customer Care role
- Created reference documents, including escalation grid and customer care guidelines
- Created high-level documentation of three other workstreams that were being handled by one single person
- Advised client on how to better manage service delivery issues from one of their vendors
- Provided a vendor management strategy
For more Case Study Examples, use the Case Studies tab under the About section in our navigation.
To learn how I can help you achieve less stress and more success this year, reach out for a complimentary Discovery Call to discuss your challenges, obstacles, and goals today.